The Kern County Public Works Department develops individual Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Goals for each federally-funded project in accordance with the guidelines set forth in Chapter 9 of the Caltrans Local Assistance Program Manual
We have provided links below that you may find helpful.
- Caltrans Local Assistance Program Manual (LAPM)
- LAPM Forms
- Caltrans Division of Local Assistance Office Bulletins
- Caltrans Unified Certification Program (CUCP) DBE Query Form
- Caltrans Office of Business & Economic Opportunity
- Caltrans DBE Goal and Methodology
- Federal Highway Administration Civil Rights
- 49CFR Part 26
- Planned Race Neutral Measures per 2012/13 DBE Submittal
- DBE Bidders’ List
DBE Good Faith Effort Complaint Process
FORMAL COMPLAINT PROCESS FOR DBE PROGRAM GOOD FAITH EFFORT REVIEW
If the good faith efforts submitted with the bid are deemed insufficient, the DBE Review Officer will inform the DBE Liasion Officer, who will make the final award determination. If the DBE Liasion Officer rejects the bid, the decision is subject to an appeal by the bidder. The request shall be made in writing and should provide documentation or arguments concerning the issue of adequate good faith efforts. The DBE Oversight Committee will hear the appeal.
The bidder will have the opportunity to meet in person with the Committee to discuss the issues leading to the bid rejection. A final recommendation will be made to the Board of Supervisors by the DBE Oversight Committee.