Buy Back Recycling Centers

Residents also have the option of "selling" residential recyclable materials to a "Buy Back Center". These centers pay residents for limited types of materials including aluminum cans, glass and plastic with a CRV (California Redemption Value) stamp on the label. Some Centers accept newspaper and cardboard as well but the Centers will not pay you for these material types. For more information on CRV locations visit

There are dozens of BUY BACK CENTERS throughout the County. Check out the BUY BACK RECYCLING section in the Public Works RECYCLING PORTAL to find the Kern County Buy Back Center nearest you.