New Gate Fees Frequently Asked Questions

Kern County Public Works has compiled frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the gate fees at all Kern County Public Works-owned and operated landfills and transfer stations. The gate fees have been adopted by the Kern County Board of Supervisors per Kern County Ordinance No. G-9083.

If you have additional questions, please visit our website at or reach us through our Contact Us page.

General Questions

Residential Questions

Non-Residential (Commercial) & Non-Ordinary Household Trash Questions