If I suspect a violation how do I go about getting it resolved or reporting it?

You may make contact with the property owner directly and request that he resolve the violation, or you may report violations of the above codes to the Code Compliance Unit by calling our hotline at (661) 862-8603, faxing information to us at (661) 862-5149, by e-mailing your complaint to esps@co.kern.ca.us, or by submitting an Online Complaint.

When submitting a complaint, the reporting party must include their name and phone number, as anonymous complaints will not be processed. When processing a complaint, we do not provide the violator with the information about who reported the alleged violation. Additional information which must be provided is a description of what the alleged violation is, the location of the violation including the nearest cross-street and any other pertinent information which may be helpful.