Skip to content

How do I dispose of a dead animal?

  • Dead animals are ACCEPTED at all Landfills.
  • Dead animals are ACCEPTED at the Kern ValleyLebec, and McFarland-Delano Transfer Stations.
  • Dead animals are NOT ACCEPTED at other Transfer Stations, Bin Sites, Special Waste Facilities.

Disposal Criteria:

  • You MUST NOTIFY the Department at (661) 862-8900 or (800) 552-KERN – prior to bringing in large animals such horses or cows AND if you have multiple animals.
  • Animals must be DEAD before arrival and cannot be put down on site.
  • You are responsible for unloading your animals.

Kern County Public Works Department

Mission Statement: To provide public infrastructure, facilitate development, and deliver services that protect and enhance the lives of the people of Kern County.

Scroll To Top