Currently, Kern County residents pay a Land Use Fee on their property taxes to cover the cost of household trash disposal. This fee gives residents the ability to use Kern County Disposal Facilities without payment at the gate. Since self-haul customers, from outside the county, do not pay into the land use fee system, Out-of-County Customers are required to pay Disposal Fees at the gate. In order to determine which customers must pay the fee, the Waste Management Department is asking for proof of Kern County residency. Acceptable forms of identification include: Drivers License or Identification Card with a Kern County address or a utility bill with a Kern County address and a picture ID.