Electronic Document Review
Kern County’s Building Inspection Division of Public Works is transitioning to Electronic Document Review for its Plan Review processes. We have been working very closely with Accela, then makers of our new web based Permiting System, and with ePlanSoft, the makers of ePlanCheck, to bring you an integrated and complete electronic permitting experience.
What does this mean for you?
- Reduced travel from your office to ours, saving both gas and time.
- Reduced cost of printing, in the form of ink and paper.
- Potentially quicker feedback and turnaround time, due to the new non-linear review process.
- You can now complete your entire permit process online, from application, to review, pay fees, and schedule inspections.
How does it work?
Files submitted for electronic review must be prepared in conformance with the standards outlined in the following documents. Please read all requirements prior to submitting your documents. The Submittal Checklist can be used to verify that your submittal is complete and that our system will be able to read your documents.
- How a Permit becomes a Structure
- Complete Electronic Submittal Guide (coming soon)
- Electronic Document Submittal Requirements <- Must Read <- Important
- Submittal Checklist
- How to resubmit your plans
- How to check the status of your Permit
- How to download your approved plans
Two Ways to Submit
In Person Electronic Documents can be submitted at the counter of all our office locations during normal business hours. Files should be on a CD or a flash drive. We reserve the right to retain your media so please retain a copy of the files for your own use.
Online Electronic Documents can be submitted online through the Citizen Portal. Please read the Complete Electronic Submittal Guide for more information.
If you have questions, please feel free to call us at 661-862-8650.