Erskine Fire Temporary Residential Trash Collection Sites
Due to the Erskine Fire, four temporary collection sites have been set up to assist residents from the affected areas with disposal of food waste resulting by the prolonged power outage. Beginning Tuesday, June 28, 2016 and ending Friday, July 1, 2016, lined roll-off containers will be available to residents from 8AM to 8PM at the following locations:
- Mt. Mesa Park
- Weldon United Methodist Church
- South Lake Car Wash off Frontage Rd./Hwy 178 (along the road right-of-way)
- New Onyx Store on Easy Street (along the road right-of-way)
Items accepted at these temporary collection sites include ONLY food waste and other household trash that is placed in bags. The following waste materials will NOT be accepted at these temporary collection sites:
- Hazardous Waste (e.g. paint, automotive fluids, household chemicals, etc.)
- Construction & Demolition Waste
- Electronics Waste
- Bulky Waste (e.g. mattresses, furniture, appliances, etc.)
Residents are also welcome to self-haul non-hazardous waste to the Kern Valley Transfer Station which is open Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from 8AM to 4PM but, will be closed on the 4th of July.
For residents that subscribe to garbage collection services from Thomas Refuse, curbside trash collection will resume on Thursday, June 30th. All other unaffected areas will have trash services by
Thomas Refuse on the normal collection day. Further efforts to address other fire debris will be set up as part of the recovery process.